The other day I jotted this list down:
1. Eat crazy fattening foods! I would have cupcakes for breakfast, warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven for lunch, M&M’s for dinner and ice cream for my snack. I might even go to Dunkin’ Donuts again and eat a dozen of my fav!
2. Gone would be the cute figure forming clothes – in with the Moo Moos. I might take all of my uncomfortable but gorgeous high heels and use them for vases.
3. I might mess up my house. Yes, you heard me…I might just mess it up for fun.
4. Every day would be movie mania day for me. I would catch a matinee movie and another one in the evening.
Coincidentally, I am visiting my 90 year- old mother and based on her example, I now know what I am going to be doing at 90.
1. I will be eating whatever my children or care givers decide is best for me. They will push protein, veggies and fluids on me, because I will never be hungry. Somehow, unbeknownst to me my appetite will become similar to that of a fly rather than my usual “truck driver” appetite and I won’t care what I eat.
2. I will still want to wear my pants, jewelry and shoes, but I will need help putting them on and taking them off.
3. My house will be unusually cluttered, and the old me that wanted my dishwasher loaded with all the dishes going in same direction will be gone for good.
4. I will be watching lots of TV with my special ear phones on, but I will sleep through most of it.
There is a great article in AARP about making peace with aging. I’m starting to understand this now, and although, I was totally wrong about the things I will be doing at 90, I now know what I am going to be doing at 57.
Got to go now….. I am off to Baskin Robbins for a hot fudge sundae.