Menopause and Swimsuit Season
Welcome to the sisterhood of the shrinking bathing suits!
It’s that time of the year when I get out my box of bathing suits. Did I accidentally wash them in boiling hot water and dry them on extra high heat before I folded them neatly in a box for the winter? They all seem to have shrunk! Especially in the tush!
How am I going to keep my tush inside these bathing suits this season? Staples and tape anyone????
So what’s a gal to do???
- Thanks to the internet, I can shop for a new bathing suit from the comfort of my own home. You can find a swimsuit that’s flattering and btw you can camouflage a lot with a stylish cover-up. Check out these sites: Swimsuitsforall and Miraclesuit.com.
- Maintain good posture. Holding your head high, tummy in, and shoulders back, projects an image of self-assurance… and makes you look taller and slimmer, too. Instead of flats, wear sandals with a bit of a heel to give you a longer, leaner look.
- If you’re not already eating healthy, you can start now! Check out my Menopause Infographic – Weight Gain for some helpful tips!
- Give your exercise program a boost! Weight-bearing exercises are not only important for toning those muscles, but it is very important for your bone health as we age. Walking with a friend is always fun. You get to keep up on the latest scoops and shed some of those extra winter pounds.
- Drink lots of water. If you’re spending time outdoors, don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Take a filled water bottle with you wherever you go. Sipping throughout the day is easier than chugging your daily intake all at once. Keeping hydrated will result in healthier skin and hair. Ice-cold water will also cool you from the inside out when you’re experiencing a hot flash. Stay away from carbonated beverages, as they can cause bloating.
- Stay polished. Treat yourself to a pedicure.There are so many fun, happy colors to play with this season. My new blush color is OPI – Tiramisu for Two – I promise it is not fattening!
- Wear a big, floppy hat. After all, you should be protecting your skin from the sun, right? Pair the hat with oversized sunglasses and — voilà! — you look fabulous!
- Let go of that negative chatter in your brain. Unfortunately, while many of us have outgrown our teeny-weeny-bikinis of yesteryear, we haven’t outgrown our negative self-image. Positive thoughts are the first step to projecting a positive image. Leave the mental baggage at home.
- See your menopause specialist. Hot flashes and summer heat can cause an internal combustion. Take your filled Menopause Symptoms Chart in with you to see your menopause specialist before the summer heats up!
- Put on your smile.If you’re having fun, no one is going to give your swimsuit-clad body a second thought.
- Grab your sunscreen! Take good care of the skin you are in.
Don’t deprive yourself of the joys of summer. This summer, realize your self-truth and know you are beautiful, inside and out.
Suffering in silence is OUT! Reaching out is IN!